Greetings

I am an emerging fiction writer living in Chicago. While I am a Luddite, I am using the forum because I love to meet new people, especially fellow artists, and learn new things.

Anyone interested in reading my published work can access it through the link under the My Web Site header on this blog. My short story "Life Goes on Without Me" recently won an honorable mention from Conclave: A Journal of Chracter's 2009 Fiction Contest. I am currently working on a novel, new short stories, and a creative non-fiction essay. My friend T.E. Russell has encouraged me to write a screenplay.

And as always, I am still submitting, submitting, submitting.

I look forward to meeting and reading from you.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The "Good" War uncensored - Ken Burns and George Roder, Jr., PhD

Tonight my husband and I will watch The War on PBS by the amazing documentarian Ken Burns. In it he will show uncensored footage from World War II along with interviews by survivors who sacrificed overseas and in America. Fourteen years ago a School of the Art Institute professor by the name of George Roeder, Jr. wrote about and published many graphic images that the U.S. government censored during World War II. In 1998 I was blessed to work as a teaching assistant for Doctor Roeder, a gentle, enthusiastic, and intelligent man who soon became my friend and mentor. He died in 2004, but he leaves a legacy in print and with his students, colleagues, and friends.

The name of Doctor Roeder's book is The Censored War: American Visual Experience During World War Two. A link to order it is provided below.

Link

No comments: