Greetings

I am an emerging fiction writer living in Chicago. While I am a Luddite, I am using the forum because I love to meet new people, especially fellow artists, and learn new things.

Anyone interested in reading my published work can access it through the link under the My Web Site header on this blog. My short story "Life Goes on Without Me" recently won an honorable mention from Conclave: A Journal of Chracter's 2009 Fiction Contest. I am currently working on a novel, new short stories, and a creative non-fiction essay. My friend T.E. Russell has encouraged me to write a screenplay.

And as always, I am still submitting, submitting, submitting.

I look forward to meeting and reading from you.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another Song for My Husband and a Song for the World



I listen to this Madonna song on my MP3 player all the time. First it reminded me of when my husband and I first dated. My family and friends didn't believe we were meant to be together. We seemed so different. Clearly, those family and friends didn't know either one of us. Bill and I complete each other; other people forbade it through their actions and words because they didn't understand and didn't try to understand.

And when I view this clip from her Confessions tour, it supports what I said about "other people forbid[ding] it because they [don't]understand." The causes of the Middle East's conflicts are rooted in the time of Abraham. The two dancers sporting the religious symbols of Judaism and Islam provide a beautiful as well as a telling image. We hate what we is different and what we don't understand. Yet we are all one, and when we hate a person or an idea that doesn't correlate with or complement our own views, we hate and ultimately destroy ourselves.

No comments: