Greetings

I am an emerging fiction writer living in Chicago. While I am a Luddite, I am using the forum because I love to meet new people, especially fellow artists, and learn new things.

Anyone interested in reading my published work can access it through the link under the My Web Site header on this blog. My short story "Life Goes on Without Me" recently won an honorable mention from Conclave: A Journal of Chracter's 2009 Fiction Contest. I am currently working on a novel, new short stories, and a creative non-fiction essay. My friend T.E. Russell has encouraged me to write a screenplay.

And as always, I am still submitting, submitting, submitting.

I look forward to meeting and reading from you.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Exhausted but illuminated

So tired today. The past two weeks have been hectic. In addition to my class and still trying to get my condo in order (still living out of a lot of boxes), I attended my first Kabbalah Congress through Bnei Baruch. As one can guess, I'm dragging and burnt out.

Since February, I have gone non stop and endured a lot of changes. My husband and I bought our first condo and, as much as I told him we shouldn't, closed and moved on the same day. My godmother, who was my eldest paternal aunt, unexpectedly passed away int he middle of the month. She was 80 and lived a good life, but it was very hard on me. Now I know she is still with me, but I do miss her. Then the WRD 202 classes I have were non-stop. I often think, "When am I going to receive a break and some help?"

Well, God does work in mysterious and wonderful ways. I was in line to buy a coffee at the B&N on DePaul's campus, and next to me as I waited in line was a table of books. One of them was called "What to Do When People Push Your Buttons." I bought it because I know at times I can become quick with people or begin to cry when I am under stress. I am reading it now. Will give my review once I finish it.

No comments: